Sunday 14 January 2018

Once again, it's been a while

As I said in the title, it's been a while.  If I'm honest, I don't know how well I'll do at blogging this time round either as life is pretty busy here and, although I loved having a blog, I don't have as much time as I used to.  

However, having said all that, I've decided to have another go and doing Project Life this year.  I'm have set it up monthly so that I don't feel pressured into having to do a spread each week but still hope to do something each week.  I completed my title page and photos for the first week last weekend and once I've posted this, will be working on my page or pages for this week.  Perhaps posting the layouts here will keep me motivated through the year.  


My title page came together fairly quickly and I like how it turned out.  Claire and the girls had been round for breakfast last Sunday and Alice and Megan wanted to take photos with my phone.  Turns out they did a pretty good job and I used the photos they took for the front page.  I added some cards I printed off from the Felicity Jane digital kit, Reagan and added the year and a few stamps word stickers. 

 I'm not sticking to a theme the whole way through the year but rather using what I've got.  Unfortunately, the Project Life kits I had from previous years have the rounded corners whereas I prefer the square corners.  I'm leaving them in for now but don't know if I'll change my mind about them later.
I started watching some of the December Daily You Tube videos during December and have also watched a few Project Life process videos.  I like the idea of adding some stamping in my album to make it more my own, like the little stars on the journalling card in the last layout, the This Week on the card for the first page of the week and the Lets do This and Start Here on the title page.  I've also started using some little word stickers that I found in my stash and didn't realise I had.  

Let me know if you're doing Project Life this year and whether you'll be sharing your pages anywhere,  I'd love to see them.  

Rhona

1 comment:

  1. So glad to see you again in blogland! I love your clean, photo-centric layouts. Exactly my style. I'm almost a year behind with Project Life, and no opportunity to catch up until late next month. Since I keep daily notes and have all my photos, I think I can do it, but it will definitely be streamlined. I've been doing monthly PL for several years now, and that's the only way I could ever catch up!

    ReplyDelete